CENTRAL VIRGINIA IREM CHAPTER 38 INDUSTRY PARTNER GUIDELINES
The purpose of these guidelines is to establish a framework with rules and regulations to administer the Industry Partner Program for Central Virginia IREM Chapter 38 (the “Chapter”). The Industry Partner Program is designed to foster professional relationships between the general membership of the Chapter and a variety of locally and regionally represented, reputable, quality service providers and/or other real estate related professionals. This program is designed to provide our Industry Partners with the privileges of limited association/participation in our Chapter activities and shall be governed by the Chapter’s Executive Council.
In order to ensure that the industry partners add value to the entire membership of the Chapter, it shall be the goal of the Industry Partner Program to have industry partners that can either: 1) service the entire geographic area of the Chapter; or 2) subdivide the geographic area of the Chapter as needed into sub-regions within which specific industry partners may operate.
To ensure that Chapter members have a diverse pool of potential service providers to meet their needs, it shall be the goal of the Chapter to encourage new potential service providers to apply to the Industry Partner Program as categories come up for renewal.
The following guidelines are established for the Chapter’s Industry Partner Program. These guidelines may be amended at any time by a quorum vote of the Executive Council.
1. As affiliated members of the Chapter, Industry Partners are expected to demonstrate ethical behavior in their businesses consistent with industry standards. As such, the Industry Partner Program will be governed by and shall adhere to the IREM Code of Professional Ethics, a copy of which is available at:
The Executive Council reserves the right, at any time, to immediately terminate the affiliation between an Industry Partner and the Chapter if an Industry Partner fails to conform to and abide by the IREM Code of Professional Ethics. In the event an Industry Partner’s affiliation with the Chapter is terminated for this reason, the Industry Partner shall not receive any refund of its membership dues.
In the event an Industry Partner violates any of the rules or guidelines as established herein, it shall be the responsibility of the Executive Council to notify the Industry Partner, in writing, of the reason for termination.
2. The INDUSTRY PARTNER Program shall be managed by committee which shall be made up of a chairperson and other members as deemed appropriate by the Executive Council, and will report to the Chapter President and the Executive Council.
3. The vendor categories or professionals who are eligible to become an INDUSTRY PARTNER are as follows:
Accounting Financial Institutions Moving Company
Architectural Firm Firms and Computer Services Painting
Attorney Floor Care Parking Lot Services
Communications Flooring Parking Lot Sweeping
Concrete HVAC Contractor/Services Plumbers
Contractor, Class A Insurance Provider Restoration Contractor
Economic/Real Estate Research Interior Landscaping Roofing Contractor
Electrician Janitorial Services Security
Elevator/Escalator Maintenance Job Search/Personnel Recruiter Signage
Employee/Resident Screening Lake/Pond Maintenance Specialty Products/Marketing
Energy Savings Landscape Contractor Supply Houses
Engineer Life Safety Waste Removal
Environmental Services Lighting Water Treatment Services
Exterior Building Services Locksmith Window Cleaning
Extermination Metal/Wood/Stone Refinishing
The Executive Council reserves the right to add and/or delete vendor categories at any time by a quorum vote of the Executive Council.
4. In order to protect the exclusivity of the Industry Partner Program, the geographic area of the Chapter will be divided into East and West Regions as depicted on the map attached hereto as Exhibit A and as further detailed below:
(i) The East Region will cover from Williamsburg to Afton Mountain/Waynesboro and from the North Carolina boarder to (and including) the City of Fredericksburg.
(ii) The West Region will cover from Afton Mountain/Waynesboro to the Tennessee boarder and from the North Carolina boarder to (and including) the City of Harrisonburg.
Industry Partners may elect to serve either a Region or the entire geographic area of the Chapter. If the Industry Partner elects to serve the entire geographic area of the Chapter, they MUST be able to provide their services to the entire geographic area and actively work in the entire geographic area of the Chapter.
The Executive Council reserve the right to further subdivide the Chapter into sub-regions as needed to ensure that the entire geographic area of the Chapter is represented by Industry Partners that can provide services to the general membership in those sub-regions.
5. The annual Industry Partner fee shall be established by the Executive Council. Beginning in calendar year 2017*, the fee shall be assessed based on East and West Regions or the entire geographic area for the Chapter. In the event an Industry Partner actually services both regions that Industry Partner may elect to represent the entire geographical area of the Chapter provided that they actually service the entire geographic area. The 2017 annual fee structure shall be as follows:
East Region only $1,500.00
West Region only $1,000.00
Entire Geographic area $2,000.00
The Executive Council reserves the right to change the fee structure and create additional sub-regions. Such changes shall be approved by a quorum vote of the Executive Council.
6. The Industry Partner term shall be for one (1) year.
7. The total number of Industry Partners shall not exceed twenty five (25%) of the total general membership of the chapter which includes CPMs, CPM Candidates, ACoMs, ARMs, Associates, and Student Members.
8. A prospective Industry Partner must be recommended by a Central Virginia IREM Chapter 38 CPM member in good standing. The proposed industry partner shall be recommended by way of the Industry Partner Application, which is attached hereto as Exhibit B and is available at ___.
9. The Industry Partner Application shall be submitted to the Executive Council for review. Each Industry Partner Application will be reviewed on ethical conduct and appropriateness as an Industry Partner. Approval shall be determined by quorum vote of the Executive Council.
10. When reviewing renewal applications for existing Industry Partners, the Executive Council shall consider the level of involvement a current industry partner has had with the Chapter over the term of their membership as well as the length of time a current Industry Partner has been affiliated with the Chapter. A score card will be completed to rate the industry partner’s level of involvement and the value they bring to the Chapter members. The score card will measure the following:
- Participation at General Membership Meetings (how many meetings did IP attend?)
- Did IP sponsor Chapter Event?
- How long has IP been affiliated with Chapter?
- Does IP pay dues/fees in a timely fashion?
When practical, the Executive Council shall extend membership opportunities to new potential industry partners that may be applying for the same category, however, such opportunities shall be extended at the sole discretion of the Executive Council who also reserves the right to renew existing Industry Partners.
The Executive Council shall annually review all Industry Partners scheduled for renewal, and shall have the sole discretion and authority to decline renewal or terminate an Industry Partner.
11. Upon approval as an Industry Partner, a welcome/acceptance letter with an invoice for the appropriate fee will be sent from the Chapter to the Industry Partner.
12. Provided that a potential Industry Partner has been recommended to the Executive Council by a current CPM Chapter member in good standing, the potential Industry Partner may attend one Chapter general membership meeting free of charge (excluding the annual officer installation meeting/Holiday Gala, Golf Tournament, or Joint Social) prior to joining the Chapter as an Industry Partner.
13. As an incentive to help the Industry Partner Program grow and meet the needs of the Chapter membership, current Industry Partners in good standing will be given the opportunity to attend one Chapter general membership meeting free of charge (excluding the annual officer installation meeting/Holiday Gala, Golf Tournament, or Joint Social) for every new Industry Partner they recommend to the Industry Partner Program that is approved by the Executive Council and pays their applicable Industry Partner fee.